Monday, May 31, 2010

Projects for Teachers

Ok so I know that I should have posted this earlier, but with 4 boys and a hubby things just get away from me. I decided to make some thank you cards for my older boys teachers. This is  a thank you gift for all the wonderful things that they have done through out the year. I made 5 cards for each set so that they could use them for themselves. I am so happy that school is out for the summer. Now we don't have a set schedule to follow, just play time for me and the boys!

My boys had such a great year in school this year. Cody learned to read and it has become one of his favorite things to do. If he goes missing you can always find him suggled on the couch or bed reading a good book. Clay attempted to be in the band this year and played the trumpet. I am not sure if his heart is in it or not. We struggled to get him to practice, but when he did he enjoyed it.

So now onto the projects.
This was made with the Create-a-Critter cart and the stamp set if from Stephanie Barnard. The stamp that is on the front of the card is a special edition stamp that was only available to club members a while back. Check out her site for some wonderful sets. I used SU card stock in white, Really Rust, and Old Olive. The patterned paper is also SU and I believe it is the small pack for level 1 hostess gift.
This is the topper for the clear bag that I put the 5 cards in for the teachers. I just wrote their names in the coordinating marker color from SU and stapled it to the bag.
This is the other pack of 5 cards that I made for the teachers. I used SU card stock again in white, Rich Razzleberry, and Bermuda Bay. I used the Rich Razzleberry ink and a crackle background stamp to make the patterned paper. I was so disappointed. My ink pad grazed the card, but I just left it as a beauty mark.
Not sure what happened to this picture, but I didn't realize it was messed up until after I had given out the card sets so not able to retake the picture. This again is the topper for the clear bag that the card set was put in and stapled on the top with the teacher's name written in Rich Razzleberry.

Hope that you enjoyed this. Please leave me some comments so that I can get better at my creations!

Whitney

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Whitney those are GREAT!!!!