Tuesday, March 8, 2011

March of Dimes

When you walk in March for Babies, you give hope to the more than half a million babies born too soon each year. The money you raise supports programs in your community that help moms have healthy, full-term pregnancies. And it funds research to find answers to the problems that threaten our babies. We’ve been walking since 1970 and have raised an incredible $2 billion to benefit all babies.
(per March of Dimes.org site)

I just wanted to let everyone know that I will be walking for the March of Dimes this year in Abilene, TX. We are known as Team Kenley!

April 30, 2011
3125 S. 32nd St.
3 miles
Registration Time: 9:30 AM
Start Time: 10:30 AM
Chapter: Abilene Division
Phone: (325) 672-0566

When my twins were born they were born 4 weeks early. For the most part they were healthy babies weighing 5lb. 2oz. and 5lb. 9oz. Dylan did have to spend 5 days in the NICU, because of his breathing. He was placed in an isolate for a while and then just in a bed. While he was there he was also not able to keep his temp up. Thank the Lord that he only was there for 5 days and not longer like many other babies. Dustin was also in the hospital with me for 5 days due to some blood sugar problems. We were very blessed for them to not have had any other problems.

Another team member's baby had to stay in the NICU for 2 weeks after being born due to breathing problems. I am asking you to please walk with us or to donate so that we can help some of the innocent little babies get the care that they require.

Please visit my link below to donate. Thanks!
March for Babies/Whitney92



FYI:  Also I don't know what is going on but the link on the left side of my blog does take you to my page, but it just has the wrong place of the walk. I am walking in Abilene, TX and not in NY. For some reason it won't let me fix this, but I have checked and it is going to our local chapter here and not in NY.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Love March of Dimes!